Sunday, October 17, 2010

Boo at the Zoo

The Bronx Zoo is a happening place during the month of October, partially because of the many Halloween-related activities they host. We decided to check it out today, a gorgeous and sunny fall Sunday. We didn't end up doing any of the Halloween activities (many long lines), but had a great time checking out the "normal" exhibits.

All three of us were in awe of the two bears we saw playing/dancing/fighting.

We spent about 90 minutes in the kids area. The low point of the day was when I took Rosalie down a slide that was a little too advanced. As you can see, she was screaming by the time we got to the end. I wish I had the camera to take a photo of all the horrified parents sitting at the bottom of the slide. It took many minutes and a few handfuls of cheerios to calm her down.

She had much more fun pretending to be a prairie dog with Jon.

We ended our time at the petting zoo, where Rosalie tried (as always) to jump into the cages of goats, alpacas, donkeys, turkeys, pigs, and sheep.

No comments: