Thursday, September 4, 2014

Rosie Starts Kindergarten








Today was a big day in the Harris Schwartz household--Rosie's first day of Kindergarten. As is her style, she took it all in stride showing mostly excitement (about her new backpack, lunch box and outfit) and not much concern/fear. She did hesitate a bit when the moment came to walk out the front door, but she got over that pretty quickly.

Rosie is in K206 at PS 10  (one of NINE kindergarten classes at her school). When we arrived at 8:20, they had all of the families form a line down the sidewalk and started calling families by class using a portable microphone and amplifier. Her teacher is Ms Burns. One of her pre-school friends Elias, is in her class.

That's about all the details that I could get out of her today.  But, she walked out at 11:40 a.m. just as happy as she was when she went in the building and she seemed excited to go back tomorrow. I'm feeling pretty worn out by the whole thing, but I guess that's part of the deal.

No comments: