Shortly after meeting Marcee, I heard about Jon Harris' annual pilgrimage to Idaho for a week of river rafting. This year, I got to experience the trip firsthand. Marcee & I and Tracy & Marc joined Jon & Judy on the Middle Fork of the Salmon River for 5 days of rafting with Rocky Mountain Tours. It was Jon's 13th time down the Middle Fork. The trip was everything that Jon promised and more (except for the part where I got thrashed by a recirculating rapid at Tappan Falls). The food was amazing, the scenery was beautiful, the guides were capable & kind, and the rafting was exhilarating. The highlights of the trip were to numerous to mention so I will let Judy's pictures & captions tell the tale. Click here to see them.
Sunday, September 7, 2008
Rocky Mountain River Tours
Shortly after meeting Marcee, I heard about Jon Harris' annual pilgrimage to Idaho for a week of river rafting. This year, I got to experience the trip firsthand. Marcee & I and Tracy & Marc joined Jon & Judy on the Middle Fork of the Salmon River for 5 days of rafting with Rocky Mountain Tours. It was Jon's 13th time down the Middle Fork. The trip was everything that Jon promised and more (except for the part where I got thrashed by a recirculating rapid at Tappan Falls). The food was amazing, the scenery was beautiful, the guides were capable & kind, and the rafting was exhilarating. The highlights of the trip were to numerous to mention so I will let Judy's pictures & captions tell the tale. Click here to see them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey guys. Congratulations on the new addition to the family. We had another great year on the water, I'm sorry I missed being on the water with Jon this year as I was in Canada paragliding. Tappan Falls...ah yes. I've seen a fair share of trashings, beat downs and pummelings in my day on the steep creeks in the High Sierras, the wet and soggy west coast of New Zealand and the wild west of Nepal, and believe me you went for a good swim -but not quite a thrashing. I can't wait to see (and swim with) the two of you again. Six more years and you'll be able to bring Rosalie up to Idaho for her first wilderness experience! Odds are good that I'll still be there to share the Middle Fork with you all. Life is Grand!
Birddog.
Post a Comment