Thursday, July 30, 2009

What a Difference a Week Makes


I know that newborns grow and change very rapidly, but it's difficult for me to really notice it in Rosalie becuase I am never away from her for more than a couple hours at a time. However, during tummy time yesterday I saw a small, but noticeable development. As you saw in the video last week, Rosie was struggling to lift her head (although our friend Will and my mom pointed out that she DOES raise it a bit at the beginning---thanks for sticking up for her!). This week, as you can see in this photo, she can lift her face completely off the ground. Maybe it doesn't really come through in the photo, but it feels like a milestone to me. I guess kids really do grow up before our eyes.
I guess I should also mention that Rosie slept for 7 hours straight last night. That is a development I think we can all get excited about.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WAY TO GO ROSIE! You can do it and you will be doing many more amazing things in the weeks to come. Ask your parents to continue documenting your achievements and we will all share in the fun. Love. Grandma Judy

Anonymous said...

ROSIE REMINDS ME OF SOMEONE I SAW FOR THE FIRST TIME. MY SECOND GRANDCHILD, MARCEE. GUESS SHE'S GOING TO LOOK LIKE HER MOMMY. (SORRY JOHN, BUT WHAT DID YOU THINK A GREAT GRANDMOTHER WOULD SAY!) THIS ONE IS JUST GETTING THE HANG OF BLOGGING. LOVE YOU ALL AND ANXIOUS TO SEE YOU. GRANDMA MARGERY